Friday, July 31, 2009

The muse of the midnight

I am attending a camp today.

It's 1:23 am and I must sleep soon. But there! I opened a tab to create a new blog post. It is not because I am addicted, which I might become if my connection was an unlimited-use one, it is because, I feel the need to tweak the blog, or read through old mails, check out new apps on the web, specially when I have crossed the usage limit. I even postponed a chat with my relative/friend, stating that I had crossed the line ( the net-usage line, friends).

There is a thrill going beyond what you must not. I felt it even while I was flashing away on my father's scooter. You shouldn't go beyond 60 kmph, but I keep doing it. It's too slow otherwise, I feel. There is a thrill in going beyond what stops you. Does creativity spark better there? Do you learn more then?

A thrill need not be the right thing. It need not help you at all, beyond the momentary feeling of it. And surely, it displays a complete lack of discipline. An inability to restrain yourself.
Success in life also depends on self-control. where you curb your wish to indulge and tread the path to short-term happiness, if it is happiness at all.

Crash.

That's where your life will be , at the end of it.

Go to sleep.

No comments: