Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Two becoming one TWO

I met her again. She is married now. I found it somehow comfortable and uncomfortable to see it that way. They both stood in a shop in the forum while I got in.
["You are happy to see that I didn't run away right?" She asked me with a giggle. "He actually was thinking what he would do when someone would come and tell that the girl was not coming!!! Ha ha ha ...," laughed the girl who had given it thoughts to run away.]

They are leaving tomorrow. To a place where she never wanted to go, leaving the girls who loved her in the darkness of a small Indian state where she was working.

"They really were interested to see the kind of work I did and wanted to do more, ya. Good, no? " She said with a twinkle in her eyes.
"You've done a hel lot of work among those people. They need people with a heart like yours, there," I said.
"So I'll get a job, alle?
"What's the question! I'm sure you will."

That was beautiful. She was thinking. And she has changed now. She is changing and she will change for him.

See, I told you she loved him. The girl I have known for 8 years now, wasn't so stone hearted, as wanyone would have thought. And the man is a gentleman. Somehow I picked up some tension and discomfort on his face. May be because he knew that we would be talking about this. But he knew me and my place and always gave a me a place. A perfect gentleman. They are lucky to have each other.

When they told me about their life together in front of that beautiful church 7 years ago, I wasn't shocked as I had doubts already. But when they told me that they had been together for 2 years, THAT shocked me. Well kept secret! At that point, I never expected so many twists and turns in their life. But, today, as then, they always based it in a relationship with the almighty and full of love. Many ups and downs later, the wedding bells rang.

The first wedding which I attended that made me so happy. I've never felt that joy at the end of any other wedding. Two friends of mine, who knew me well and were very good friends of mine - first time in my life.

I am still so happy for you, you guys. God bless you in the overseas (even if the seas roll again) and in the future. Praying for you both.

No comments: