Monday, July 16, 2007

Truth coming out

May be it is the effect of studying how thories of personality were constructed. I have begun to examine my personality more carefully. I have not stepped in to the unconscious yet, but it will happen soon... when I have loads of free time.

But one thing that have decided is to be true to myself. True to my thoughts, true to my feelings, true to what I really am. Remembering a story I read last year as part of the Literature course - A Kitchen in the Corner of the House. What am I when I strip myself off my friends, family, guitar, religion, balding head and the sometimes-confused looks and what others say? What is me? I have not dared to look at it that way, may be because it is a waste of time (At least that's what I thought).

From that totally stripped self, I wrote a piece of a poem in a book. A week later, I read it again and liked it - and that surprised me. Usually, I don't like what I write. But this time there was sense of calm and genuineness. (No, always I did write genuinely about my aspirations and feelings. But this one went deeper in just a few lines).

Let me be true. Let me go deeper and see who I am, within this skin. Let me meet me there. If Me is scared, let me go shake his hand, pat his back and say " What are you afraid of? Haven't you come this far? Isn't the one who brought you this far capable of taking you further? " A question easier to ask than answer.

Let me see.

No comments: