Thursday, June 05, 2008

rooting for fruiting


The youth camp was such a refresher. I hadn't gone for a camp for such a long time. It had been really long since I laughed so much with my friends. I must admit that I felt realy accepted and very much part of our youth group when they took liberties to pull a fast one at me very often, be it anybody. The boys, especially, were really cool and were wiling to get 'heard' for the stupid things they were doing and yet be friends with me. Another highlight of the fun part is nobody made me feel "so older than us" as I was being one among all. There was no difference. We played, messed around with each other and were still serious about Christian life. I loved it. But the drawback for which even I am responsible is that except one or two, our church frineds, including me hardly mixed up with people from other churches - something I had been vociferously opposing and disliking at other camps. This time, I was in and stayed in the group, except for the few but very good friendships I made. It neary felt like a parish camp to me, where I felt the need to get closer to my folks, so that certain things can be driven across, while even I kept learning various dimensions to the very principles I highlighted.And we played some awesome footbal. I realised my capabilities as a forward (Specially because of low stamina compared to others due to lack of play). We fought hard. he first day we lost 3-5. The second day, we change the strategy to ATTACk-ATTACk-ATTACk. We won 3-0 hands down. With some practie we can be a seasoned team as we coordinate so well on field. Spiritually, we dug our roots deeper. And that's what the camp what the camp was all about - Rooting for fruiting.

No comments: