Monday, October 22, 2007

Agreeing with Shaggy

Being in a class full of girls and just another boy besides me wasn't the tough job which I thought it to be. The semester was a lot of fun, though I miss being with a couple of guys and doing boys kinda stuff.
But 'em girls can put a smile on your face, you know. They're all very funny people.

It was study hols preceding the sem exams and noone from class had messaged me in a long time after the practical exams. 'That's why you need to have boys in class so that you could keep calling or get calls', I said to my self. I also suspected that everyone was deeply immersed in their photocopies of the exam portions that no one had time to even care for a boy in class. The other guy, the Holy father, at the end of the week texted me and I became very happy. He was sharing the same fate as me and was in, perhaps, a situtation worse compared to mine.

Then I came to college one day and met many of my class mates. Some of the reactions (to me and amongst themselves, loudly)
"Why are you looking so tensed? Don't worry..."
"Poor thing he's lost so much weight, what happened to you ?"
"I think it's because he shaved of his French beard, he's looking weaker."
"No, I think he looks nice with the clean face."
"How can he lose weight? He's already under weight. He can't lose anymore."

One of my juniors to whom I was talking, heard this and gave me a look which said, "Now I know what happens in class."

I was very amused. Found it very funny that they noticed and talked about my weight. Did they actually care about all this? It felt very nice. That morning one of the mates called from Chennai saying that she was forgetting everything she'd learnt and whether I displayed the same symptoms (Exam induced Amnesia, I suspect).

Women. I really find it difficult to understand them. Still a mystery.

No comments: