Sunday, March 18, 2007

3310: End of story – A new beginning

3310: End of story – A new beginning
(Those who don't know the stories, check this out
http://georgelivestheday.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html
http://georgelivestheday.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html)

For those who remember the stories on my 3310, here’s the end of it.
On a not so bad day, except for the exams, I tried being a good boy which led to the end of my relation‘ship-wreck’ with 3310. It had been quite faithful to me for 14 months, save the Display problems it displayed and the lack of energy towards the end of its days (which is marked from a week prior to its vanishing).

March 2 ’07. Mid sem exams. My classmates and I didn’t really care for the test and all of us were in a holiday mood and considered two hours in the exam hall nothing but drudgery. Keeping a careless attitude, I kept my 3310 in my pocket and began writing the exam. Then I realized that it was a dangerous thing to do in my institution as the jobless squad of exam controllers would come and check my pockets and would de-bar me from the exams. So, just the way I’d done in the previous days, I kept the three-three on the invigilators table. The teacher must have blessed me for being so honest, half an hour into the exam. May be she thought “ Missed it!.”

My answers seemed to take forever to complete and I found myself keeping the teacher waiting in the class as all the others had left by then. But the sweet chimes reminding the end of drudgery hadn’t been sounded.

Finally, they did.

No comments: