Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sailing with arms open wide.

Sailing with arms open wide.
The afternoon was just amazing. The cliched shady tree, cool breeze and children playing in front of you, is an awesome mood setter in real life, if not on paper.
The stories of a twisted and wrenched heart poured out. The background, how people never understood, prejudices, hopes and dreams, the shouldering of familial responsibility... it all just flowed. And in between, the love of the life.
It was never obvious. At least between them. Or, to them. But like I would explain to my super liberal modern brother and sister-in-law, the piture was drwn in front of me, giving dtailed reasons of why it would only remain a dream and nothing more. The words reflected maturity, sensibility and pragmatism. But the very words spelt backwords betrayed a wish, a longing- " If ever you come to me, my arms would be wide open, and I would receive you."
Though a sailor on another boat myself, I'm still not able to see the other coast or the tiny rays from the light house, though I felt it was time to have seen it. Perhaps, I might have to miss that spectacle and leave my fellow sailor to find his way across the sea. One thing I know fellow sailor man, though you don't see the shore, it's definitely worth the wait.

2 comments:

beyond the sky said...

ditto with me!:(

Y knot said...

Well! Thanks to Mr. Ken for teaching me the power of allegory!